"Normally, at this time of night, I'd be on my sofa with a mug of chamomile tea either watching Netflix or reading a mystery novel. So I'm not exaggerating; this is the highlight of my year."
Ladies First Louise

June 13, 2019

Romantic Disneyland

With my thoughts on Autumn (blame these ninety-degree temperatures), I was reminded of the trip my partner and I took to Disneyland last October. The air travel anxiety. The crowd chaos. The sunblock slathering. But such complaints are trivial in the face of joys found in that most magical fantasy world.

 View from the Carnation cafe patio

Although we'd each visited before, that was our first time together. And I, for one, was surprised by — and enthralled with — the romantic evening ambiance. I now understand why some say that after-dark Disneyland is the best Disneyland. What is charming and fun during daylight takes on an alluring mood and mystique at night.

The change in atmosphere is not only due to artful illumination. It also comes from the feeling that people are less harried and more 'come what may'.

 View from the Carnation Cafe patio

Admittedly, we are fans of the park. Which was why we spent our entire five-day vacation there. No one-day rush-through for us. There are enough stresses built into a park visit without trying to cram the experience into a twelve-hour hit-it-and-quit-it. Thankfully, we were on the same page regarding the slow and steady, smell the roses approach.

So, while I wilt in an unusually hot Pacific Northwest June, I daydream of a Southern California October. The one that comes with magic, romance, and the leisure to savor it.


~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. I love Disney's parks and am jealous that you had five full days in Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd been dreaming about such a trip for years and I'm so glad we were able to make it happen. I got to see and do a lot of things I hadn't before, such as Fantasmic, the Paint The Night parade, and the Halloween party. It was fantastic - many wonderful memories. :)

      Delete