"Normally, at this time of night, I'd be on my sofa with a mug of chamomile tea either watching Netflix or reading a mystery novel. So I'm not exaggerating; this is the highlight of my year."
Ladies First Louise

June 19, 2019

They're Trying To Get Inside

I'm exaggerating, you say? Consider the facts...
  1. This room is on the second floor.
  2. That growth sprung up over the spring. It's not even trying to be subtle.
  3. You and I both know it's searching for a weak spot.


Yes, I've seen Dr. Terror's House of Horrors and its 'Creeping Vine' segment several times. Okay, a dozen times. That doesn't mean I should simply shrug a shoulder in the face of this overt intimidation.


But that's not even the whole story. I haven't gotten to the bees. Yes, beeees. Oh, they put on a good show. As if they're only slurping nectar from burgeoning berry blossoms - dedicated to pollinating (and sweetening) the world for our benefit. Like they're our friends.

So what if The Outer Limits episode, 'ZZZZZ', traumatized me when I was nine? I've caught these buzzers in the act of bouncing against the glass, attempting to bust their way in!

Go ahead - shake your head at the 'crazy' woman. But when the hostile takeover of an unsuspecting populace is complete, we'll all be paraphrasing Kent Brockman... 'Welcome, our plant and insect Overlords!'


~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment