"Normally, at this time of night, I'd be on my sofa with a mug of chamomile tea either watching Netflix or reading a mystery novel. So I'm not exaggerating; this is the highlight of my year."
Ladies First Louise

August 13, 2019

Kitchen Mission: Banana Rescue

THE SITUATION: A bunch of overripe bananas and a surplus of peanut butter.


I found this recipe online and applied the following changes:

  • replaced oil with Butter Flavor Crisco
  • egg amount may have been off since I spilled some of it while giving it a light beating and simply added another one
  • all-purpose flour rather than whole wheat
  • doubled the salt to 1 teaspoon 'cause that's how we roll with our salty/sweet balance
  • omitted the chocolate chips since I have none and added dried Craisins since I have the 64 oz bag from Costco, and also... I LOVE CRAISINS


THE RESULT: I thought they tasted fine but were a little too cakey. Partner said they were delicious and couldn't stop eating them. We agreed they would've been better with chocolate chips.


~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment